The following is a list of institutions recognized by CDECA in the decorating or design field of study. Contact them directly to obtain relevant course or program information. CDECA does not recommend any one particular school. We encourage potential students to research the individual programs to ensure you choose the program that best suits your career goals within the interior decorating and design industries.
CDECA MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR EDUCATION PROGRAM RECOGNITION
- A provincial government recognizes or accredits the program.
- The federal government accepts a tax receipt for tuition paid in the program.
- The program must be offered at a Canadian-based institution.
- The program has:
(a) minimum 300 hours of in-class & field trip instruction (not including studio, practicum, project work); or
(b) requires a minimum 6 months for completion of a program.
- The program is offered on-line and/or through correspondence courses and meets the criteria of #4 (b). For the purpose of this section it is understood that the program may not meet criteria #1 or #2.
CDECA RECOGNIZES and ACCEPTS:
- Graduates of old programs no longer in existence based on comparison to comparable current programs. The applicant would need to submit the list of courses and number of instruction hours of the program for approval.
- Graduates of Interior Design 3yr diploma or 4yr degree programs.
- Graduates of Specialty Programs provided that the foundation of the pre-requisite program is met.